Re: [Exim] Redundant exim servers?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Mike Richardson
To: Andy Mell
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Redundant exim servers?
> Someone suggested maildirs with Courier-IMAP but how does this help us
> avoid using NFS and locking?

Have a read up on Courier and NFS. Maildirs are single file=single message
and thus don't need any locking to write new messages or edit folders.
Thus it works well over NFS (as well as anything works over NFS that is.)

> A Netapp filer also uses NFS surely?

Someone recommended Courier with a Celerra (similar to the NetApp) to
allow multiple servers.

One question I'd want answering before I used multiple IMAP servers
with load balancing would be how well the various clients (i.e. Outlook)
react to having different simultaneous connections through different
IMAP servers.

> Is NFS locking _really_ a problem?

Depends on your OS I would have though. Linux bad, Solaris good?

Mike

--
-----Plain text only please - attachments stripped on arrival.------
Copyright 2002       Mike Richardson, Room G98, Manchester Computing