Re: [Exim] 4.12 smtp transport segfaults, newbie begs for he…

Author: Nico Erfurth
To: Greg Louis, Exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] 4.12 smtp transport segfaults, newbie begs for help
[Sorry, forgot to Cc the list in the first mail]

Greg Louis wrote:

> 1937 is the middle of a big comment after getting the port; I assume
> you meant 1907. Here's what I did:
>
> /* Sort out the port. Set up a string for adding to the retry key if the port
> number is not the standard SMTP port. */
> debug_printf("+++Sort out the port-0\n");
> if (!smtp_get_port(ob->port, addrlist, &port, tid)) return FALSE;
> pistring = string_sprintf(":%d", port);
> debug_printf("+++Got the port %s\n",pistring);
>
> and here's what I got, so no, it didn't get the port.
>
> remote_smtp transport entered
> glouis@???
> +++Sort out the port-0
> reading pipe for subprocess 4430 (not ended)
> read() yielded 0
> remote delivery process 4430 ended: status=000b
> set_process_info: 4429 delivering 18dEDA-0008Rg-00
>
> Instrumenting src/smtp_out.c with more debug_printf calls shows it's
> getservbyname() that's segfaulting.

The getservbyname call itself?

Check this entro from the FAQ
<quote>
Q0062: When I try to start an Exim daemon it crashes. I ran a debugger
         and discovered that the crash is happening in the function
         getservbyname().
         What's going on?

A0062: What have you got in the file /etc/nsswitch.conf? If it contains
         this line:

         services:       db files

         try removing the "db". (Your system is trying to look in some
         kind of database before searching the file /etc/services.)
</quote>

So we are at the database-problems again ;)

Nico