Re: [Exim] Redundant exim servers?

Author: Yann Golanski
To: Andy Mell
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Redundant exim servers?
--
Quoth Andy Mell on Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 11:07:53 +0000
> Has anyone actually implemented a two or three machine exim cluster, all
> machines the same, smtp/pop3/imap load balanced across machines in the
> network? This sounds like what I want but what were your experiences?

Yes, I did manage about 35 of them at one time... The exact
configuration is still fairly secret but you can have a read of the
white papaer I wrote on the matter -- it's off my web page.

I would just have a load balencer in front of your servers and that
should take care of all your problems. If you really want to have mail
that is spooled mirrored, then you could mount the soopl as NFS but I DO
NOT RECOMAND IT as it will be slow, error prone and will kick you hard
and bad.

--
yann@???                  -=*=-                      www.kierun.org
    PGP:   009D 7287 C4A7 FD4F 1680  06E4 F751 7006 9DE2 6318