[Exim] domain.com and relay_domains_include_local_mx

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Keith G. Murphy
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] domain.com and relay_domains_include_local_mx
I noticed something a bit odd today that I'm soliciting comment on.

I have an SMTP server running Exim 3.35 (just because that's the Debian
stable version). I have it configured to send outgoing messages to
another SMTP server in the same local network.

I noticed in the log that a message that came from outside my domain and
for a recipient outside my domain got relayed to this 2nd server
(which silently discarded it; that was puzzling too). Relaying like
this, needless to say, shouldn't ever happen, and I hadn't noticed it
happening before.

The problem was, I had:

relay_domains_include_local_mx = true

(which I've since eliminated) in my exim.conf, and this message was
addressed to 'host@???'.

Look at this:

$ dig @ns1.dsl.net domain.com -t MX
;; ANSWER SECTION:
domain.com.             1890    IN      MX      10 mail.domain.com.
;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
mail.domain.com.        1890    IN      A       127.0.0.1

That's why my server was seeing its own host as an MX for the
recipient's domain, and thus not refusing the relay.

However, they probably don't get a whole lot of E-mail this way. :-)

Do you see their configuration as:

a) clever
b) an innocent misconfiguration
c) abusive
d) why are you bothering us about this? :-)