[Exim] 4.12 smtp transport segfaults, newbie begs for help

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Greg Louis
A: Exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] 4.12 smtp transport segfaults, newbie begs for help
Today I compiled exim for the first time and attempted to do some
preliminary tests as described in spec.txt. This was exim-4.12; I
compiled it on two different Linux-2.4.21pre3-glibc-2.2.5 boxes. Both
behaved the same way: compilation and installation went smoothly, -bV
showed no problems, -bt <local username> no problem, -bt <remote
address> no problem, -v local user no problem -- but -v remote user
returned

LOG: MAIN
== glouis@??? R=dnslookup T=remote_smtp defer (-1):
smtp transport process returned non-zero status 0x000b: terminated by
signal 11
LOG: MAIN
Frozen

reproducibly. Running -d -M <id> yielded no further information, other
than that the resolution process completed successfully and a
connection was to be attempted to the correct IP address. Inspection
of the logs on the recipient host machines showed that the segfault
occurred before any connection had been established.

The machines on which exim was compiled both had smail3 installed but
not running at the time the testing was done. Nothing was bound to
port 25 on either (smail wasn't being run from inetd).

I've read what seemed to be the relevant portions of the spec and FAQ
documents and searched for "segfault" in the list archive without
finding anything to enlighten me. Can anyone help?

The configuration was pretty standard:

*** Non-comment lines in Local/Makefile:
BIN_DIRECTORY=/usr/sbin
CONFIGURE_FILE=/etc/mail/exim.conf
EXIM_USER=exim
SPOOL_DIRECTORY=/var/spool/exim
ROUTER_ACCEPT=yes
ROUTER_DNSLOOKUP=yes
ROUTER_IPLITERAL=yes
ROUTER_MANUALROUTE=yes
ROUTER_QUERYPROGRAM=yes
ROUTER_REDIRECT=yes
TRANSPORT_APPENDFILE=yes
TRANSPORT_AUTOREPLY=yes
TRANSPORT_PIPE=yes
TRANSPORT_SMTP=yes
LOOKUP_DBM=yes
LOOKUP_LSEARCH=yes
EXIM_MONITOR=eximon.bin
SUPPORT_TLS=yes
TLS_LIBS=-lssl -lcrypto
EXICYCLOG_MAX=10
COMPRESS_COMMAND=/bin/gzip
COMPRESS_SUFFIX=gz
ZCAT_COMMAND=/bin/zcat
USE_TCP_WRAPPERS=yes
EXTRALIBS_EXIM=-lwrap
SYSTEM_ALIASES_FILE=/usr/lib/aliases
PID_FILE_PATH=/var/run/exim.pid
SUPPORT_MOVE_FROZEN_MESSAGES=yes

*** and in exim.conf:
domainlist local_domains = @
domainlist relay_to_domains =
hostlist   relay_from_hosts = 127.0.0.1
acl_smtp_rcpt = acl_check_rcpt
never_users = root
host_lookup = *
rfc1413_hosts = *
rfc1413_query_timeout = 30s
ignore_bounce_errors_after = 2d
timeout_frozen_after = 7d
begin acl
acl_check_rcpt:
  accept  hosts = :
  deny    local_parts   = ^.*[@%!/|] : ^\\.
  accept  local_parts   = postmaster
          domains       = +local_domains
  require verify        = sender
  accept  domains       = +local_domains
          endpass
          message       = unknown user
          verify        = recipient
  accept  domains       = +relay_to_domains
          endpass
          message       = unrouteable address
          verify        = recipient
  accept  hosts         = +relay_from_hosts
  accept  authenticated = *
  deny    message       = relay not permitted
begin routers
dnslookup:
  driver = dnslookup
  domains = ! +local_domains
  transport = remote_smtp
  ignore_target_hosts = 0.0.0.0 : 127.0.0.0/8
  no_more
system_aliases:
  driver = redirect
  allow_fail
  allow_defer
  data = ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/usr/lib/aliases}}
  file_transport = address_file
  pipe_transport = address_pipe
userforward:
  driver = redirect
  check_local_user
  file = $home/.forward
  no_verify
  no_expn
  check_ancestor
  file_transport = address_file
  pipe_transport = address_pipe
  reply_transport = address_reply
localuser:
  driver = accept
  check_local_user
  transport = local_delivery
begin transports
remote_smtp:
  driver = smtp
local_delivery:
  driver = appendfile
  file = /var/mail/$local_part
  delivery_date_add
  envelope_to_add
  return_path_add
address_pipe:
  driver = pipe
  return_output
address_file:
  driver = appendfile
  delivery_date_add
  envelope_to_add
  return_path_add
address_reply:
  driver = autoreply
begin retry
*                      *           F,2h,15m; G,16h,1h,1.5; F,4d,6h
begin rewrite
begin authenticators

--
| G r e g  L o u i s          | gpg public key:      |
|   http://www.bgl.nu/~glouis |   finger greg@??? |