Re: [Exim] Exim 4.12, GnuTLS & Entropy ...

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Sander Smeenk
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim 4.12, GnuTLS & Entropy ...
On Mon, 27 Jan 2003, Sander Smeenk wrote:

> I have succesfully built Exim 4.12 with GnuTLS (0.8.1) but for some
> reason this Exim is incapable of getting enough entropy no matter what I
> do on my system, it seems like it doesn't check for new random bytes...

I suspect you may be the first real user to try Exim with GnuTLS.
Support for GnuTLS was a very recent addition. I tested it myself, and
it seemed to work, but I am pretty ignorant about it.

> It also fails to create /var/spool/exim/gnutls.params, even when
> /var/spool/exim is set worldwritable :)

I don't recall any problems with that on my system (Solaris 8). I
installed /dev/random so that I could test it, and although it grumbled
once about lack of entropy (this is a very quiet system), it mostly
seemed to work.

First suggestion: run Exim with debugging turned on (-d) and see if that
gives you any useful information. It should at least say things about
generating the parameters.

Philip