Re: [Exim] -Ac compatibility

Author: Matthew Byng-Maddick
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] -Ac compatibility
On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 02:46:07PM +0300, maxes@??? wrote:
[ > I wrote: ]
> > Which part of:

[appending the appropriate options to /etc/periodic.conf]
> > doesn't work for you?
> Thanks, this way work too (but we used nfs+cvs soluitions for synchronized).
> It's talk not about workaround (I need queue stat and need it for

erm, I don't understand. This is not a workaround, this is the correct
solution. If you actually go and read the relevant scripts, that only
disables the second invocation of mailq and sendmail -q where the -Ac
is used. It doesn't touch the first, which still gets run as required.

The only time you need those options to be "yes" are if you use the
system installed sendmail.

> every new installed host). It's talk _not_ about masshost instalations and
> howto update it later. Only about "-Ac" compatibility.

I can't parse this. But presumably if you are deploying exim to your
masshosting environment, you have some way of deploying a change to
some system configuration files over your masshosting environment.

Setting those flags only disables the second run of mailq and sendmail -q
which work with the submit queue. They don't disable anything else.

If you can't deploy this to your environment, how do you deal with security
patches?

MBM