Re: [Exim] Deleting mails from inbox...

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Phil Pennock
To: system
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Deleting mails from inbox...
On 2003-01-26 at 02:31 +0530, system@??? wrote:
> Some of my users have thousands of junk mails in there inbox. I need to
> delete them all, but when I go to there mail dir I could see only one inbox
> file. How do I delete them from shell.

This isn't an Exim question. Once the mail is in the inbox, it's a
question about handling mails already delivered and defining spam.

Exim gets the mails there. It doesn't take them out again.

To delete from shell, use Perl, the MailTools distribution of Perl
modules, and long one-liners. I can't help further, since our
customers' mailspools are in mailstore format, not bmox format.

To delete if entering an interactive tool is acceptable, su to the
owning user, call "mutt" on the mailbox, tag messages according to
patterns that define the junk mail, then do a tag-delete. In the
default mutt bindings, that's "T" and patterns figured out from reading
"man muttrc", then ";d".

How do you determine which mails are junk and which are legitimate? If
you can do that reliably, make your fortune by selling a spam-proof
mail-client. ;^)