Re: [Exim] SMTP delivery to remote hosts

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Andrzej Filip
To: exim-users
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [Exim] SMTP delivery to remote hosts
On Monday 20 January 2003 11:03, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Jan 2003, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
> > On Monday, January 20, 2003 12:34 AM [GMT+0530=IST],
> >
> > Andrzej Filip <anfi@???> wrote:
> > > It would be nice to create news:comp.mail.exim , would not it ?
> >
> > RFD it - and Nigel can set up a mail2news gateway on his Mailman -
> > or try http://www.gmane.org
>
> I am not at all sure I would have time to read it in addition to this
> busy mailing list. And it would get spammed from time to time...

SPAM forwarding to the list is not that big problem if you decide to:
a) do "lazy" news->mail-list forwarding
e.g. wait 1h for cancel messages (mainly from anti spam bots) before
forwarding
b) feed news messages via spamassassin (with customized configuration)

Another batch of objections was that messages forwarded from list to
usenet group will be used for adress harvesting. It will not be to hard
to convert email addresses before post e.g.:
Philip Hazel <ph10@???> ->
Philip Hazel <usenet-list_name@???>

Andrzej [pl>en: Andrew] Adam Filip http://www.polbox.com/a/anfi/