[Exim] Virtual domains and wildcards

Autor: Josh Siegel
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Virtual domains and wildcards
I was migrating a friends machine over from qmail to exim and one of the
'features' of his installation was a aliases file that contained fully
qualified names (foo@???) as well as wildcarded domains (@bar.com).    I
thought people might be interested in how I implemented this..

The first router change was that before the system_aliases router, I added:

system_aliases1:
driver = redirect
allow_fail
allow_defer
qualify_preserve_domain
data = ${lookup{$local_part@$domain}lsearch{/etc/aliases}}
user = mail
file_transport = address_file
pipe_transport = address_pipe

This now matches fully qualified names which allows domain specific
aliases..

Second, BELOW the localuser router (order is important here... you have to
put it AFTER it does the localuser check), I added:

system_aliases2:
driver = redirect
allow_fail
allow_defer
qualify_preserve_domain
data = ${lookup{@$domain}lsearch{/etc/aliases}}
user = mail
file_transport = address_file
pipe_transport = address_pipe

Since this is the last router, it says that if the email would otherwise
bounce, we will check for a wildcard..

This seems to be working quite well...

      --josh