[Exim] roundup vs. exim

Autor: Neal D. Becker
A: exim-users
Assumptes vells: [Exim] patch to passwd.c and route.c
Assumpte: [Exim] roundup vs. exim
I'm trying to install roundup-0.5.4, an issue tracking system.

It needs to install a mail alias that will pipe to a command, that
needs access to a database file.

I created a group "support". Apache can access it because apache user
is a member of group support.

I also made user mail, which exim runs under, a member of group
support, but that doesn't work. I guess exim is not picking up the
supplementary groups before invoking the pipe command.

What is the "best" way to fix this problem? I could use 'initgroups',
but I don't know if this is the best fix, because it would apply to
all system aliases - I don't know if this might have undesired
effects.

Here is my system_aliases right now:
system_aliases:
driver = redirect
allow_defer
allow_fail
data = ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/etc/aliases}}
file_transport = address_file
pipe_transport = address_pipe
retry_use_local_part
user = mail