[Exim] setting up exim with auth

Top Pagina
Auteur: Harmohan Bhamra
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: [Exim] setting up exim with auth
Hi

I am trying to setup exim, to send and receive for a single tld domain on
debian woody.

I want users to authenticate to /etc/shadow over ssl if possible.

The users are using Outlook or Outlook express or squirrelmail (web based
mail)

Currently I have installed exim-tls. However when the user tries to
authenticate using Outlook express or Outlook, I get a :535 Incorrect
authentication data

Does someone have any instructions on how to get exim or exim-tls running
with authentication. (so that users have to login/authenticate before they
can send email).

Thank you

Harm