Re: [Exim] Acl question

Inizio della pagina
Autore: John Burnham
To: Timothy Arnold
CC: 'Exim-Users \(E-mail\)'
Oggetto: Re: [Exim] Acl question
Timothy Arnold wrote:
> Please correct me if I am wrong but I thought that if you had

"accept
> hosts = : " meant it would be accepted from anyone, and if you
> changed this value, it would only accept mail from the hosts listed

Well, from the ACL you sent to the list:
# Accept if the address is in a local domain, but only if the
recipient can
# be verified. Otherwise deny. The "endpass" line is the border
between
# passing on to the next ACL statement (if tests above it fail) or
denying
# access (if tests below it fail).

As you can see, if an accept clause fails it then passes on to the
next clause unless you put an endpass statement in. So, even if the
accept hosts = <whatever> fails the processing passes to down the ACL
and any accepts later on that match will cause the mail to be
accepted.
John