Re: [Exim] Performance comparison, LDAP vs. lsearch

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Dr Andrew C Aitchison
To: Christian Balzer
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Performance comparison, LDAP vs. lsearch
On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, Christian Balzer wrote:

> I'm trying to get a rough, rule of thumb, ballpark figure of where
> the break even point of doing lsearch local file lookups versus ones
> to a remote LDAP database might be.

Read Chapter 9.1, and see what other lookup types are available in Exim.
Exim implements several lookup styles on the local machine
which would give you the advantages of a database lookup without the
overhead of a TCP connection.

--
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison        Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
A.C.Aitchison@???    http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna