Re: [Exim] Frozen messages in queue...

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Nico Erfurth
To: Jose de Paula Eufrasio Junior
CC: Lista Exim
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Frozen messages in queue...
Jose de Paula Eufrasio Junior wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-01-22 at 10:03, Nico Erfurth wrote:
>
> I did it, and the main log is pretty scary with that "sender verify
> fail", in truth the whole mainlog is scary and full of rejects and
> errors, and I only know that exim is working because nobody calls the
> support saying that they're not getting mail. I guess that the RBL,
> amavis and the sender verification stops so much messages that I just
> don't see the real messages passing thru the users...

Check you reject logs, and see if you find any false positives, A script
could do the job too :)

>>Further you should check these options
>>timeout_frozen_after
>>auto_thaw
>>ignore_bounce_errors_after
>>
>>in cour configfile (and spec.txt)
>
> timeout_frozen 2d
> auto_thaw 1h
> ignore_bounce 12h
>
> paranoic? what's the "common sense" in that options?

Hm? What you mean?
The options are described in spec.txt

> well, with that my queue got from 67K mails to 1855 messages.

Nice ;)
So the most of the messages just timed out on the first queuerun.

> in eximon I have the option to cancel messages and such, there's not a
> web interface, or console interface/command to do it? the server doesn't
> have a X server running and running it on a remote X looks a little
> weird (and I can't do that from home).

Once I started with a perl-script that uses ncurses to provice a eximon
like interface. Never finished it, but maybe I should continue working
on it ;)

ciao