Re: [Exim] Web based mail

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: James P. Roberts
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Web based mail
----- Original Message -----
From: "Philip Hazel" <ph10@???>
To: "Niels Dettenbach" <nd@???>
Cc: <vhowell@???>; <exim-users@???>
Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2003 10:53 AM
Subject: Re: [Exim] Web based mail

> On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, Niels Dettenbach wrote:
>
> > We have currently tested
> >
> > openwebmail 1.7x
> > http://openwebmail.org
> > and
> > Squirrelmail
> > http://squirrelmail.org
> >
> > wich both works correct with exim (3.3x - 4.1x).
>
> >From the stable that brought you Exim, you might also like to try
> "Prayer":
>
> http://www-uxsup.csx.cam.ac.uk/~dpc22/prayer/
>
> This was written by one of my colleagues for use in Cambridge.
>
> --
> Philip Hazel            University of Cambridge Computing Service,
> ph10@???      Cambridge, England. Phone: +44 1223 334714.

This is probably off-topic for the list; but, I had problems with the
above "Prayer" website:

When clicking on the "here" link to get to the file downloads
(ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/email/prayer/), I get a "502
Illegal PORT command" message. A quick Google search indicates it may
have something to do with PORT versus PASV FTP modes. It is my
understanding that PASV is the preferred mode.

However, I could "save target as" to download the HTML generated by that
FTP server, edit it to insert the full address into the HREF statements,
open it locally, then use the "save target as" feature to download the
files. Does anyone have any ideas why this might be happening to me?
Should I be alerting the web page owner, or is it something on my end?
Any ideas? Thanks.

Philip, if is of value, I would be happy to communicate off-list with
the ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk FTP server maintainer, in case it is something on
their end that might require testing, or if they could give me any hints
for fixing my end. Thanks!

Jim Roberts
Punster Productions, Inc.