Re: [Exim] Migrating Mdaemon Mail Server user accounts to Li…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Nico Erfurth
To: system
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Migrating Mdaemon Mail Server user accounts to Linux Exim
Nico Erfurth wrote:
> system@??? wrote:
>
>> This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
>> --
>> [ Picked text/plain from multipart/alternative ]
>> I am changing from Deerfeild Mdaemon Mail Server with windows NT to a
>> exim linux. How can I migrate the user accounts and files? I have about
>> 350 user accounts active.
>

> How are the users stored?
> Most probably you need to dump a special part of the registry, and run
> it through a script, to convert it to the format you need.
>
> I can't help you for the files (I think you mean spoolfiles/mailboxes),
> please check how they look now, maybe it's easy to convert them to
> something unix-ish.

I had a closer look, and it seems to be pretty easy.
Mdaemon is able to export the userdatabase to a CVS-File, so it's easy
to generate some useful files for exim from this.
The mails seem to be saved in a maildir-like format, so it's mostly
moving them over to the new location, and renaming them to something
real maildir-like, or using a converter to build a mboxfile from this.

Nico