Re: [Exim] Entourage and SMTP authentication

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Mike Richardson
To: Clive McDowell
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Entourage and SMTP authentication
On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 12:18:23PM -0000, Clive McDowell wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I have an SMTP server running which forces users outside our domain to
> authenticate. It works fine for Outlook, OE and Netscape but for some
> reason Entourage on macs complains that it does not recognise any of the
> authentication methods offered by the SMTP server. I have configured PLAIN
> and LOGIN as per the manual with some mangling for LDAP authentication. Do
> I need a third definition for Entourage? If so, how is it implemented?

We have users who use Entourage with our Auth SMTP service. We only
support PLAIN and LOGIN so I guess it must work. However Entourage
doesn't work with TLS and I think it needs turning off explicitly.

Mike

--
-----Plain text only please - attachments stripped on arrival.------
Copyright 2002       Mike Richardson, Room G98, Manchester Computing