Re: [Exim] configuration testing suite

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Giuliano Gavazzi
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] configuration testing suite
At 12:49 +0000 2003/01/22, Philip Hazel wrote:
>On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:
>
>> Has anyone got a testing suite (in the form of a shell or perl
>> script) that could be used to check a new exim configuration before
>> deployment and that could be shared?
>
>The problem is that Exim is so flexible. A huge variety of different
>configurations can be set up - providing a general tester would be hard.
>
>I do have a test suite for Exim, of course. It now uses nearly 500
>different configurations (of various amounts of complexity) to test
>things. No, it isn't exportable. It relies too much on the configuration
>and other software that is running on my workstation. And on a
>"maximally configured" Exim that is unlikely to be used in practice
>(supports MySQL and PostgreSQL and LDAP, for example).

actually, I was more of the idea of just a script to inject a number
of transactions to exim -bh (op to a DATA followed by an empty
message) and parse the output (for instance just reporting the cause
of denial or acceptance) and configurable with a number of input host
address/helo arg/sender address/recipient(s) address(es). The output
could be the input line (as above) and the corresponding parsed
output.

I am not that good at shell scripting (let alone stdin/stdout
redirection) that it would take me a disproportionate time to work it
out. Maybe someone has already got one.

This would not be extremely general (and it would not simulate real
world situations, like dns failures), but it should be enough for a
check of most of the essential functionality (forget about message
filters).

Giuliano
--
H U M P H
    || |||

Java & C++ Server/Client/Human Interface applications on MacOS - MacOS X
http://www.humph.com/