Re: [Exim] configuration testing suite

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Giuliano Gavazzi
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] configuration testing suite
On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:

> Has anyone got a testing suite (in the form of a shell or perl
> script) that could be used to check a new exim configuration before
> deployment and that could be shared?

The problem is that Exim is so flexible. A huge variety of different
configurations can be set up - providing a general tester would be hard.

I do have a test suite for Exim, of course. It now uses nearly 500
different configurations (of various amounts of complexity) to test
things. No, it isn't exportable. It relies too much on the configuration
and other software that is running on my workstation. And on a
"maximally configured" Exim that is unlikely to be used in practice
(supports MySQL and PostgreSQL and LDAP, for example).