Re: [Exim] MX verification ACL

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Nico Erfurth
To: Drav Sloan
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] MX verification ACL
Drav Sloan wrote:
> Howdy all,
>
>    Is there is a way to verify a host has an MX (i.m not too fussed
> about MX's that point to RFC1918 addresses) without having to do a
> callback on that host? I'd like to do an ACL that will reject any
> host that has no MX records, with a differing message than the
> callback verify routine. I cannot see a way to do this without doing
> sommat silly like setting the callback timeout to be 1 second.

It's perfectly legal for an domain to have no MX-record, the MTA will
fallback to the A-record in this case.

what you want is

require message = Can't route to sender domain
         verify = sender

This will NOT start an callout, but route the address through exim, and
try to find a router that can send to this address.

> Also another question, I notice in the Changelog the entry 4.11/146:

I hope you don't use 4.11, it's very buggy :-/

> "146. Added new ACLs for non-SMTP messages, SMTP connection, MAIL, and
> STARTTLS."
>
> How do you setup a non-SMTP acl? I've had a look at the docs (4.10-spec),
> but can't seem to find a reference.

see 49.v in the NewStuff file.

ciao