Re: [Exim] Re: Interesting Scene

Autor: Giuliano Gavazzi
A: Suresh Ramasubramanian, Nico Erfurth, Dariusz Sznajder
CC: Exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Re: Interesting Scene
At 21:30 +0530 2003/01/21, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
>On Tuesday, January 21, 2003 9:11 PM [GMT+0530=IST],
>Nico Erfurth <masta@???> wrote:

>>> On dns1.utlonline.co.ug. - yes.
> >> but on secondary NS ip.cfi.co.ug. - no.
> >
>> Ahh, right :) I just checked it with the host command.
>>
>> BUT shoudln't exim bounce the mail immediantly, if it receives such an
>> answer from the dns-server.
>
>lost the thread - but was the response from that secondary NS a SERVFAIL
>or an NXDOMAIN? And if there was no MX, was there an A record, and
>where did that point?
>
>     srs

I don't get it, to me the NS points to:

utlonline.co.ug nameserver = mars.nbnet.co.ke.
utlonline.co.ug nameserver = dns1.utlonline.co.ug.

and mars.nbnet.co.ke has a different address from ip.cfi.co.ug and it
is not a lame server.
Is this a problem with co.ug? (the inconsistency I mean)

Giuliano