Re: [Exim] Exim on OS X - Configuration

Autor: Drav Sloan
A: steve warren
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Exim on OS X - Configuration
steve warren wrote:
> Can anyone give me advice based on these pieces of info, and the error logs
> below? If this isn't enough to determine what's happening, I can send the
> complete text of my config file... I'm not going to do that immediately, so
> as not to waste bandwith :-)

here lies the problem...

> exim: could not open panic log - aborting: original error above

chown that dir+log files to pid/gid you defined in your compiled
exim binary. (usually exim:mail), and ya will get further at least
;)

>    unable to set gid=20 or uid=501 (euid=25): local delivery to sw
> <sw@my_new_domain.com> transport=local_delivery

Also it looks as though you have not got a setuid exim binary as it
is unable to set gid/uid.

Regards

D.