[Exim] Re: comp.mail.exim Newsgroup.

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dennis Davis
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Re: comp.mail.exim Newsgroup.
>From: Philip Hazel <ph10@???>
>To: Suresh Ramasubramanian <mallet@???>
>cc: Andrzej Filip <anfi@???>, exim-users@???
>Subject: Re: [Exim] SMTP delivery to remote hosts
>Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 10:03:56 +0000 (GMT)
>
>On Mon, 20 Jan 2003, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
>
>> On Monday, January 20, 2003 12:34 AM [GMT+0530=IST],
>> Andrzej Filip <anfi@???> wrote:
>>
>> > It would be nice to create news:comp.mail.exim , would not it ?

Perhaps, but I find the mailing list archives an acceptable
substitute. Especially as they can be viewed in threaded mode.

>> RFD it - and Nigel can set up a mail2news gateway on his Mailman
>> - or try http://www.gmane.org
>
>I am not at all sure I would have time to read it in addition to this
>busy mailing list. And it would get spammed from time to time...

No, in my experience it would get spammed a *lot*.

The comp.os.plan9 Newsgroup is run in a similar manner to what's
suggested above. Articles on the mailing list are injected into the
Newsgroup and Newsgroup articles are injected back into the mailing
list. Most of the traffic is still on the mailing list with a lot
less articles arriving via the Newsgroup.

However the Newsgroup is moderated. That really cuts down on the
spam that arrives. For example, this morning I approved one article
for the Newsgroup. However I also trashed the following spam
articles:

 18 Jan 03 Printpal        get inkjet cartridges shipped
 19 Jan 03 Vince           j#1Uc Links for men. j#1UccD
 20 Jan 03 tr              I made $800.00 this month so f
 20 Jan 03 Mary            m?Fq; Free. m?Fq;1$a
 20 Jan 03 Special Offer   Get Paid Up To $40 Per Hour To
 20 Jan 03 Special Offer   Get Paid Up To $40 Per Hour To
  8 May 02 Annamaria Kinni Do You Need Merchant Account?
  8 May 02 Annamaria Kinni Do You Need Merchant Account?

Note that one of the attempts at spam hasn't even bothered to set
the date correctly.

I'd very strongly recommend that a comp.mail.exim Newsgroup is
moderated and a moderator found. I'd almost certainly vote against
a comp.mail.exim Newsgroup that wasn't moderated.