Re: [Exim] Another variation on bad header syntax

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Greg Ward
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Another variation on bad header syntax
On Sun, 19 Jan 2003, Greg Ward wrote:

> Specifically, a "From:" header with no "@" character is
> accepted by Exim.

Yes. That's because locally generated messages can come like that from
certain MUAs. Also, the {sender,recipient}_unqualified_hosts option
allows Exim to accept unqualified addresses from specified remote hosts.
Exim will qualify the local part.

That's why it doesn't provoke a syntax error at receive time.

(Internally, it's using the parsing routines that it uses for addresses
received in other places, e.g. on the command line, which also allow
unqualified local parts.)

> According to the requirements defined in RFC2822, every email message
> must contain a From: header, and every From: header must contain a
> valid email address.

If it wants to be pedantic, it should say "at least one email address".
More than one is allowed. I wonder if it gets that right?

Perhaps I ought to tighten this up. Noted for further thought.