Re: [Exim] once_repeat && database lookup

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Roderick Groesbeek
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] once_repeat && database lookup
On Fri, 17 Jan 2003, Roderick Groesbeek wrote:

> Now the problem is that 'once_repeat' option is not database enabled.

I think you mean that once_repeat is not an expanded string. Indeed, it
is not. As documented in the manual, its type is "time", and that has to
be an explicit time. When I implemented it (years ago) I didn't realize
just how many things people would want to vary by lookups.

> - Changing the opt_time option into some other one which *can* use ${lookup
> ...} and remain functionality.

Code would have to be written.

> - Building multiple transport configuration parts with FIXED 'once_repeat'
> values in the configuration file.

What do you actually want? A different time for different users?

I have put this on the Wish List, but it seems to grow faster than I can
process it at the moment.