Re: [Exim] exim 4 newbie: can't receive mail

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Tim Jackson
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] exim 4 newbie: can't receive mail
On Sun, 19 Jan 2003 02:20:55 -0800 Ryan wrote:

> I just installed exim4 on red hat7.2. I can send mail out through pine
> just fine (local and world wide). But I can't receive mail on the
> localhost.

OK, firstly it's helpful if you look in your logfile! It's there for a
reason. More than likely, it will give you a good idea what's wrong. If
you don't understand it, you will probably find the answer in the manual,
but otherwise post the error here (along with relevant info, like your
exact Exim version, any relevant Makefile options etc.) and people here
will be more than happy to help.

Without any info, it's hard to say what's wrong, but there's a good
chance, depending on how you chose to set things up, that you may need to
chmod +t /var/spool/mail .

Tim