著者: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: Exim Users
題目: Re: [Exim] Eudora AUTH over TLS
On Sunday, January 19, 2003 5:35 AM [GMT+0530=IST],
Jerome Mainka <mainka@???> wrote:

> Derek Simkowiak write:
>> He did not say that LOGIN works fine. He only said PLAIN works
>> fine.
>
> Sorry for the typo. LOGIN with no TLS works fine.

FWIW, I mailed my friend the diehard eudora user.

His reply - with Eudora 5.1 on windows -

[quote]

>>> Latest version of Eudora tested: [Version 5.2.0.9]

5.1, in my case.

>>> Supports STARTTLS Command on port 25: Yes
>>> Supports STARTTLS Command other ports: Yes
>>> Supports TLS in wrapper mode on port 25: Yes
>>> Supports TLS in wrapper mode on other ports: Yes
>>> Supports AUTH type PLAIN on a non-TLS connection: Yes

Yes, to all of the above.

>>> Supports AUTH type PLAIN after STARTTLS connection: No
>>> Supports AUTH type PLAIN over wrapper mode TLS connection: No

Not tried.

>>> Supports AUTH type LOGIN on a non-TLS connection: No
>>> Supports AUTH type LOGIN after STARTTLS connection: No

Yes. I have done this with sasl.smtp.pobox.com and Eudora. However,
there
are issues with the way Eudora does SSL (apparently, it piggybacks on
some
Windoze DLLs to do so) and therefore, you have unpredictable problems
unless you have IE 5.5+ installed.

>>> Supports AUTH type LOGIN over wrapper mode TLS connection: No

Not tried.

[unquote]

    suresh