Re: [Exim] SMTP delivery to remote hosts

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Suresh Ramasubramanian
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] SMTP delivery to remote hosts
Quoting Vadim Vygonets <vadik-exim@???>:

> Quoth Suresh Ramasubramanian on Sun, Jan 19, 2003:
> > ETRN or UUCP
>
> What he said.
>
> In my opinion, UUCP *is* the right tool for this purpose, because
> this problem fits the UUCP model very well.

[...]

> [0] The destination server IP address should be known to the
>     router that delivers mail to these domains, which is
>     non-trivial with dynamic IP addresses.  This also requires
>     the client to authenticate in some way.

There is also ODMR / ATRN (basically ETRN with AUTH), which is documented
in RFC 2465.

Jakob Hirsch's odmrd (http://www.plonk.de/sw/odmr/) supports ODMR with
exim. There are links to other ODMR implementations as well.

An excellent choice for people think UUCP is too old fashioned (or
something). Personally, I think UUCP over TCP works very well indeed.

--srs

Visit http://www.efn.org for all your community networking needs