Re: [Exim] SMTP delivery to remote hosts

Top Pagina
Auteur: Vadim Vygonets
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] SMTP delivery to remote hosts
Quoth Richard Welty on Sat, Jan 18, 2003:
> there are various solutions involving ETRN and batch smtp,

I already commented about ETRN, and BSMTP is not a complete
solution, it requires a transport.

> [1] fetchmail is the most common program for this, getmail is a smaller,
> simpler python script that has numerous advantages over fetchmail and does
> 85% or 90% of what fetchmail does w/o the braindamage.

Fetchmail's brain damage is that it loses mail when it receives a
4xx or 5xx reply from the SMTP server, which is a Bad Thing[tm].

Vadik.

--
All things considered, insanity may be the only reasonable
alternative.