Re: [Exim] SMTP delivery to remote hosts

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Leonardo Boselli
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] SMTP delivery to remote hosts
On 18 Jan 2003, at 19:01, Neil S Hamilton wrote:
> Hi there -
> I'm sure the clear answer to this lies somewhere, but I can't find it
> - maybe I'm looking for the wrong thing.
> Anyone - what's the best way to set up Exim to deliver to
> non-permenantly connected remote hosts, eg. Exchange servers (urgh) on
> a static-IP dial up line etc. ? I realise one could just set the first
> MX record to the remote IP, and the second MX record to the exim
> server, but wouldn't mail then bounce after a while?

I do not know what is the best, the first efficient thing that come on
mind is to set the intermittently connected machine to send a
message to the secondary MX o a particular address, and set a
director/.router that pipes that messages to a "/usr/bin/exim -qff
my.domain"
This does not require polling and allow an almost istantaneous
delivery of pending mail.

--
Leonardo Boselli
Nucleo Informatico e Telematico del Dipartimento Ingegneria Civile