Re: [Exim] 550 {mx005-rz3} The recipient does not accept mai…

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] 550 {mx005-rz3} The recipient does not accept mails from 'yahoo.com' over foreign mailservers
At 16:16 +0000 2003/01/17, Sven Geggus wrote:
>I check for valid domains, but I am not able to check for valid local parts?
>Granted, that it would be best to not even accept spam like this, but how
>would I do this? As I already said, I don't think that checking for
>originating IP-numbers like gmy would be a good idea.

you can check it for the same reason that bounce messages are not
accepted and stay in your queue:

deny    message        = shut up... (just an example)
    !verify        = sender/callout=30s
    log_message    = inexistent sender

or variations on the theme will deny if the sender does not exist
(loosely speaking). This is effectively equivalent to check that a
bounce message would be accepted (at the rcpt to phase).

Giuliano
--
H U M P H
    || |||

Java & C++ Server/Client/Human Interface applications on MacOS - MacOS X
http://www.humph.com/