Re: [Exim] Majordomo -outgoing

Autor: Julian King
A: Timothy Arnold
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Majordomo -outgoing
> Hi,
>
> Sorry if this is a little off topic ..
>
> Does anyone know of a way to 'hide' listname-outgoing in majordomo? It
> appears someone has sent an email to listname-outgoing containing a virus.
> The list was set to moderated.

The method for exim 3 was to have mail from the local machine sent by
user majordom to a domain to have access to a 'private' aliases collection,
including listname-outgoing. You can of course change the name used if
you wish, but with this mechanism it isn't necessary to obsfucate further
since you can't actually send to that address unless you are majordomo.

I don't actively admin exim 4, so I don't know how easy it is in that,
but I assume just about as easy.

> Tim.

Julian
--
Julian King
Computer Officer, University of Cambridge, Unix Support