Re: [Exim] Exim 4.10 on FreeBSD

Góra strony
Autor: Igor Karpov
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] Exim 4.10 on FreeBSD
On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 10:14:43AM +0000, Yann Golanski wrote:
> --
> Quoth Igor Karpov on Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 11:56:34 +0200
> > > I'll cvSup my host system (it's a few weeks old) and then I'll try
> > > and rebuild the jail, see what that does.
> >
> > It gives you nothing. It was the first thing I did there.
>
> As I said before, I am using Exim 4.10.1 (installed from port) on
> 4.7-RELEASE and it works fine.
>
> I am neither running it in a jail nor on 4.6-RELEASE so cannot comment
> on those systems.
>
> The only think I can suggest, which I already did, is to trace the calls
> Exim makes. Yes, it's horrible: welcome to the life of tracking bugs
> the hard way.
>
> Another solution would be to adandoned all your complicated
> configuration files and re-start from ground zero. If the generic
> config file works, then the error is in your additions. If the generic
> config does not work then there is a real bug within Exim. You could do
> that from a clean system as well if you had a box to test it on.

Yann, I'm not running Exim in jail and its configuration is very simple.

And as I wrote, I'm running about 50 Exims, almost all of them on
FreeBSD and only this installation working in this strange way.

I'll try to catch the error tracing it, but I don't know when I'll have
the time to do this.

Regards,
--
Igor A. Karpov    phone: +380(44)238-0624
Unix System Administrator

           If guns are outlawed, can we use swords?