Re: [Exim] Thank you / POP-before-SMTP

Autor: Sheldon Hearn
A: Aaron B. Russell
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Thank you / POP-before-SMTP
On (2003/01/17 07:57), Aaron B. Russell wrote:

> I'm having a problem with your script... it won't create the files in
> /var/db/popb4smtp/.
>
> All I've changed is $POPLOG and $IMAPLOG to /var/log/maillog.

Are you sure that the regular expressions used to detect imapd and popd
logins work for your /var/log/maillog? My README did mention that this
software provides Exim <-> IanF's popd and Exim <-> courier-imap.

If you're using other software, you may need to tailor the regular
expressions.

> I've created /var/db/popb4smtp/ and root owns it.

That should be fine, as long as the popb4smtp-watch process is also
running as root.

> What am I doing wrong?

Maybe nothing. This is "works for me" glue software, so it's quite
possible that it's broken for your environment. :-)

Ciao,
Sheldon.