Re: [Exim] Exim 4.10 on FreeBSD

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Igor Karpov
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim 4.10 on FreeBSD
On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 05:29:46PM +0100, Danny.Carroll@??? wrote:
> > Quoth Danny.Carroll@??? on Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 15:55:50 +0100

> > in the debug

> > will accept

> > > Nope...
> > > When you run exim -d -v it runs interactivly and does not disconnect
> > > from the controlling tty. When I was finished testing, I hit CTRL-C
> > > which stops exim. Then I ran a new exim in the background.
>
> Ok, I have been testing and I have found *where* the problem is.
> It seems if I run with the -d -v options then it starts up a queue
> process.
> I see the following in mainlog (with log_selector = +all) :
>
> 2003-01-16 17:15:12 2 args: /usr/local/sbin/exim -q
> 2003-01-16 17:15:12 Start queue run: pid=2521
> 2003-01-16 17:15:12 End queue run: pid=2521
>
> But if I run exim -bd -q30m (i.e. no debugging options) then I do not
> see these in the log file.
> Can anyone shed anymore light?

I have the same story on one of my remote servers. No *SQL, very simple
build, exim just doesn't running its quene. I already wrote here about
this. And it also working fine when in debugging mode. FreeBSD
4.6.2-RELEASE, Exim-4.10-1.

This box should be replaced with another one and I just inserted quene
run from cron. That's all I did. The point is that I'm running Exim on
about 50 boxes and this was the only one case with quene. I believe that
operating system was subtly damaged somehow. It is not my FreeBSD installation, and I just had no time to investigate the situation.

Wait... I had another report about Exim not running quene, but do not
remember details. But it also was FreeBSD box.

Remember,
--
Igor A. Karpov    phone: +380(44)238-0624
Unix System Administrator

            I'm a licensed Smurf stomper!