Re: [Exim] Exim+SA: spamc non-0 exit when spamd is down = tr…

Autor: Nico Erfurth
A: Rich, WhidbeyNet NOC
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Exim+SA: spamc non-0 exit when spamd is down = transport_filterpanic
Rich, WhidbeyNet NOC wrote:

> Actually "spamc" does copy the input to the output, if "spamd" is down.
> The problem is that "spamc" then returns a non-zero exit code, so Exim
> fails the filter, although it didn't really fail in this case. I guess
> that's really a "spamc" issue.
>
> A presented solution was to make a wrapper to run "spamc", and turn exit
> code 69 into exit code 0. But then you have to be sure that wrapper
> itself is stable for handling production mail, and it's probably just as
> easy to modify "spamc" itself.

Not completly, if spamc returns an error, the wrapper could fallback to
the plain spamsassassin-command, or even trying to inform the
postmaster about the problem, or trying to restart spamc, etc.
But it has to FAIL (with a nonzero exitcode) whenever it can't handle
the problem by itself.

ciao