Re: [Exim] Exim+SA: spamc non-0 exit when spamd is down = tr…

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Philip Hazel
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: William Thompson
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] Exim+SA: spamc non-0 exit when spamd is down = transport_filter panic
On Thu, 16 Jan 2003, William Thompson wrote:

> > You certainly can't do that! In general, email could then be vanishing
> > without any evidence as to why. Remember, messages *pass through* a
> > transport filter; if it screws up, the message is probably destroyed.
>
> What I meant by ignoring it is to pass the message unfiltered.

Again, I don't this should be the default. The sysadmin has configured
Exim to use a filter; delivering without it may not be a good thing.
(Consider a filter that is doing some kind of private encryption...)

Even as an option it would not be particularly easy to do because of the
way Exim is implemented. And I suspect it is of very minority interest.