Re: [Exim] Amavis-perl and Exim 4.10, somebody get it to wor…

Autor: Tom Kistner
A: Alexander Koch
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Amavis-perl and Exim 4.10, somebody get it to work (or other solution to virus scanning)
Alexander Koch wrote:

> Although if I wanted Exiscan I need to patch it into Exim4
> and as far as I remember it is not utterly easy to
> conditionalise the use of it for certain routers, directors,
> etc. So Exiscan does not work out for my needs (some domain
> want virus checking, some do not by all means), right?

It can be done, but given exiscans "early" operation point it is not
very straightforward. There are several ways to do it. Nico Erfurt has
proposed the nicest one (so far):

[quote from Nico]
Well, the best thing I could think of is to set a header at RCPT-Time,
like this.

warn message = X-Do-Exiscan: 1
      domains = list : of : domains

and just use $h_x-do-exiscan: in your condition.

So the message will be scanned once, if a "to scan"-recipient is listed.

You should remove all Exiscan-headers for "no scan"-recipients in your
transports.

You can then use the "pass" action and drop mails at routing/transport
time when the X-Infected header is set. You cannot use "reject" since it
is not possible to selectively reject messages per-recipient at that point.

Oh yeah, and you can't have your cake and eat it, too :)

regards,

/tom

--
Tom Kistner <tom@???>