Re: [Exim] Exim and ETRN....

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Tony Earnshaw
A: Steven J. Hill
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim and ETRN....
ons, 2003-01-15 kl. 18:12 skrev Steven J. Hill:

> My ISP hosts a backup email server for my four domains. If
> my main mail server goes down, everything gets dropped into
> a 'catchall@<DOMAIN>' mailbox on the backup mail server with
> no regards as to who the actual recipient is. The backup mail
> server runs MailSite Express. Ideally, the next time EXIM runs
> I would like it to contact the backup mail server and pull
> the messages from each of the 'catchall' mailboxes. Something
> tells me I will need a combination of fetchmail in conjunction
> with exim. Does anyone have some insight to share on this?

This should definitely not be necessary. The fallback mail server has
been configured to accept mail for your domain and relay it to it.

The client mail server will only send to the fallback mail server if
your mail server gives a timeout on attempted smtp connections and has
disappeared (all done with DNS MX records).

The mail on the fallback mail server is queued with a retry time and
your domain as address. When your mail server resurfaces, mail will be
routed automatically to your mail server, as soon as the retry time
kicks in.

Best,

Tony

--