Re: [Exim] Problems with Exiscan 4.12-21 and Sophos AV

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Tim Jackson
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Problems with Exiscan 4.12-21 and Sophos AV
Hi Marcelo, on Mon, 13 Jan 2003 16:46:44 -0800 you wrote:

> I just recently (2 days ago) upgraded my Exim 4.10 to Exim 4.12.
> Obviously, I also upgraded Exiscan to 4.12-21.

This is really an Exiscan question, and as such is probably better on the
Exiscan list. Nevertheless:

> Also, does anybody recommends something else (better?) than Sophos AV ?

If you're already paying for Sophos, why not try using the 'sophie' daemon
( http://www.vanja.com/tools/sophie/ )? This would solve your problem with
sweep.

> What about clamd ?

Also working well despite it's relatively early stage of development,
although you obviously don't get commercial support for virus signature
updates, which may or may not be important depending on your
circumstances.

Either way, you can find more information on how to set up clamd or sophie
in my mini-HOWTO doc ( http://www.timj.co.uk/linux/exim.php ).

Tim