Re: [Exim] syslog question (4.10)

Author: Sheldon Hearn
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] syslog question (4.10)
On (2003/01/14 09:23), Philip Hazel wrote:

> > > My understanding, when I implemented syslog, was that there was a limit
> > > to the length of line that syslog could handle.
> >
> > If I can prove that this is not the case for BSD, would you consider a
> > build-time option for single-line syslogging?
>
> Yes, of course. And/or even a run-time option. It would be trivial to
> implement as a value that specifies the maximum linelength for syslog
> lines. This is currently a #define in the file log.c You could set it to
> a very large number.

Great.

I'll add this to my TODO list.

I'll tackle it as soon as I've finalized my Exim-4 fsync() patch. I'm
at the point where I need to investigate the dangers of allowing the
configuration file to exempt the journal file from fsync() calls, so I
should have news on the syslog() front by next week.

Thanks,
Sheldon.