Re: [Exim] Exim 4.11 - not removing frozen messages

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Graham Briggs
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Exim 4.11 - not removing frozen messages
On Mon, 13 Jan 2003, Graham Briggs wrote:

> I have a question relating to this - what are good defaults to use for
> these settings and other exim settings?
>
> I am currently using:
>
> smtp_accept_max = 50
> message_size_limit = 20M
> split_spool_directory
> auto_thaw = 8h
> ignore_bounce_errors_after = 7d
> timeout_frozen_after = 14d
>
> for a server that is providing mail forwarding.

You are so tolerant! We use

auto_thaw = 24h
ignore_bounce_errors_after = 12h

and have considered making that 12h even shorter. I know there are sites
that discard bounce errors immediately. So I think there is probably no
agreement on what is "good".

As for the other settings, it depends on your hardware, network
connection, traffic levels, and policies.