Re: [Exim] syslog question (4.10)

Top Pagina
Auteur: Sheldon Hearn
Aan: exim-users
Oude Onderwerpen: Re: [Exim] syslog question (4.10)
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] syslog question (4.10)
On (2002/11/22 10:43), Philip Hazel wrote:

> Correct guess in general, details not quite... :-) As it says in the manual:
>
> 44.3 Logging to syslog
>
> The use of syslog does not change what Exim logs or the format of its
> messages, except in one respect.

Hmmm, does that mean that exim-3.xx's behaviour (splitting long log
messages over multiple lines in the syslog logging case) has been
"corrected" in exim-4.xx?

If so, I'll be a very happy man and look forward to switching my
exim-4.xx installations to syslog logging.

Ciao,
Sheldon.