Re: [Exim] exim + exiscan

Author: Michael Jakscht
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exim + exiscan

Hi,

Nico Erfurth <masta@???> wrote at Sun, 12 Jan 2003 09:19:

> On Sun, 12 Jan 2003, Thomas Baumann wrote:
> > How can malicious content being removed or altered, e.g.
> > fsav --disinf --delete does either disinfect or if not possible
> > remove the malicious content, but the message is rejected anyway,
> > and not send to the recipient without the virus.
> >
> > Thanks for any help appreciated.
>
> exim/exiscan can't do this (yet?). The best idea I have, would be to
> redirect the message to a special account and use some external filter (a
> pipe) to clean the messages and remove the the malicious content and
> resend it depending on the To:/CC: headers.

I think you also could use batemail, a nice tool to grab attachments with
certain suffixes from emails.
When the attachment is sorted out (and saved into any directory you specify
in the config) the mail is being delivered as normally.
Think you should have a look at it at http://batemail.sourceforge.net :-)
I use it to get a special filetype out of an email and to transfer it via
ftp to an internal ftp server... afterwards this file is catched by our
mainframe via ftp ;-)

Michael