Re: [Exim] Not spam-scanning certain addresses

Autor: Tim Jackson
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Not spam-scanning certain addresses
Hi Kjetil, on Sun, 12 Jan 2003 19:53:45 +0100 you wrote:

> I tried to set this line to
>     condition = "${if and { {!eq {$local_part}{postmaster}}
> {!def:h_X-Spam-Flag:} {!eq {$received_protocol}{spam-scanned}} {!eq
> {$received_protocol}{local}} } {1}{0}}"
> and sent a spammy message to postmaster, but it was still scanned.
> Postmaster is an alias for root and root is an alias for my own local
> account, would that have anything to do with it?

Hmm, might do, but to be honest I've totally forgotten how the whole
directors/routers thing works in Exim 3. It's possible it's getting run
through it a second time with root@you and therefore getting scanned, but
don't rely on me :)

> > or just adding local_parts = !postmaster : !root : ....
> Sounds interesting! Where should I add that? (director, the whole
> config, or?)

I think what Nico was suggesting should be added in the director.

> > As Tim suggested, you should upgrade to exim4, it really makes life
> > easier. :)
> Mmmm, yeah... But you know, the advice people like me often get is
> "stick to your distro, son"

It can make certain things easier, but it seems from this list that people
have made "nice", stable Debian packages of Exim 4, so there really
shouldn't be a problem in upgrading cleanly. And, as you may have seen
from this and other threads, there are fewer and fewer people with the
knowledge to answer questions who are using/can remember how to use Exim
3. And Exim 4 just kicks ass in so many ways that you will really
appreciate when you upgrade. So, I don't think you'll lose out if you
upgrade. In fact, that's exactly why people like me make RPM/deb/whatever
packages of things - like you, we want the simplicity of a packaged
distribution, but we want/need the flexibility to substitute our own
alternative choices for certain packages without reducing the
effectiveness with which we can manage our systems.

> so... And I can't really say I have a test box I can play with either...

You might want to try VMware Workstation ( http://www.vmware.com/ ) or
something similar, then. Unfortunately it's not free software (well, at
least VMware isn't - not sure of the status of any free equivalents), but
it is useful for situations like yours.

Tim

--
Replies on list, please.