FW: [Exim] helo_allow_chars in version 4.12

Author: Christian Kyony
To: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Subject: FW: [Exim] helo_allow_chars in version 4.12
I do not think it is a problem related with qualified domain. See below.

[ckyony@ns ckyony]$ /usr/exim/bin/exim -odf -v ckyony@???
test again to show that is not a problem with qualified domain.
.
LOG: MAIN
<= ckyony@ns U=ckyony P=local S=287
Connecting to uu194-7-39-181.unknown.uunet.be [194.7.39.181]:25 ...
connected
SMTP<< 220
***********2*****************************************************
****************2*************
SMTP>> EHLO ns

SMTP<< 500 Command not recognized.
SMTP>> HELO ns

SMTP<< 250 OK
SMTP>> MAIL FROM:<ckyony@ns>

SMTP<< 250 OK - mail from <ckyony@ns>
SMTP>> RCPT TO:<ckyony@???>

SMTP<< 250 OK - Recipient <ckyony@???>
SMTP>> DATA

SMTP<< 354 Send data. End with CRLF.CRLF
SMTP>> writing message and terminating "."

SMTP<< 250 OK
SMTP>> QUIT

LOG: MAIN
=> ckyony@??? R=dnslookup T=remote_smtp