[Exim] Bounce and redirect, wildcards in Exim 4.x

Autor: Mike Weller
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Bounce and redirect, wildcards in Exim 4.x
Hi,

I've been searching like crazy to find someone with a similar problem.
What I want is something simple.

I want unknown addresses to bounce to sender, but I also want a copy
to be sent to some other address, let's say postmaster@mydomain.

In Exim 3.x, I had a configuration like:
defaultuser:
driver = smartuser
new_address = postmaster@mydomain
no_verify_recipient
no_verify_sender
rewrite = false
unseen

In Exim 4.12, my configuration looks like:
catch_all:
driver = redirect
data = postmaster@${domain}
no_verify_recipient
no_verify_sender
unseen

...for the LAST router entry. This just sends the email to postmaster.
No bouncing goes back to the sender! It's as if the "unseen" doesn't
have any effect (If I get rid of it, I get the same result).

I know about the "errors_copy", but I want the original and not the
bounced copy.

While I'm here, I'd like to do this a better way. I know this
conflicts with what I just asked, but since I'll be hosting multiple
domains, I want to know how to do this.

Instead of using "data = postmaster@${domain}", I'd like to have an
entry in the virtual domain alias file like sendmail's virtusertable:
*: postmaster@domain

I have (for exim 4.12):
  virtual:
    driver = redirect
    domains = weller.ws
    data = ${expand:${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/etc/mail/domains/$domain}}}
    qualify_preserve_domain
    file_transport = address_file
    no_more

The wildcard *: doesnt work. It bounces error to sender if user is unknown.

I think exim 3.x used something like:
virtual:
driver = aliasfile
domains = smallorg.org : anotherorg.org : smartorg.org
include_domain
file = /that/file
search_type = lsearch*@
expand
no_more

While I'm here, the errors_copy is a main configuration parameter.
How would I do something like:
errors_copy = postmaster@$domain
I don't want to hardcode a domain. I want to set each postmaster
for all the virtual domains individually.

Thanks!

-Mike

--
Michael J. Weller, M.Sc.