Re: [Exim] helo_allow_chars in version 4.12

Autor: Giuliano Gavazzi
A: Christian Kyony
CC: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] helo_allow_chars in version 4.12
At 21:13 +0100 2003/01/11, Nico Erfurth wrote:
>On Sat, 11 Jan 2003, Christian Kyony wrote:
>

>> In order to permit the underscore character in the sender address, I added
>> this line to my run time configuration file:
>>
>> helo_allow_chars = _
>>

>> I hup exim but sending mail to address including the _ is still not
>> permitted.
>
>Do you really know what this options is for?
>
>It's for hosts which send crap in their HELO-command, not for any
>addresses, and it does NOT affect anything if you send a mail.
>
>So, what you try to solve?

I also do not understand what's the problem. Exim does not care that
an recipient address has a _ or not. I have users with _ on my
machine and there is no problem delivering mail to them. Unless
Christian has added _ to the standard

   deny    local_parts   = ^.*[@%!/|] : ^\\.

Giuliano
--
H U M P H
    || |||

Java & C++ Server/Client/Human Interface applications on MacOS - MacOS X
http://www.humph.com/