[Exim] 'user' type?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Derek Simkowiak
To: exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] 'user' type?
    I'm trying to set up procmail as my LDA. The LDA should run with
a uid that is looked up in database based on the recipient address.

    Looking at Chapter 23, "Generic options for transports", it says:

user
Type: string

    (Note that's "string" and not "string, expanded".)  But looking at
the following example from Section 28.5:

# transport
procmail_pipe:
driver = pipe
command = /usr/local/bin/procmail -d $local_part
return_path_add
delivery_date_add
envelope_to_add
check_string = "From "
escape_string = ">From "
user = $local_part
group = mail

    It has the "expansion variable" $local_part.  An "expansion
variable" is described as "variables that are available for use in
expansion strings".  But 'user' is type 'string', and not 'string,
expanded'.  The example seems to conflict with the reference in Chapter
23.

    So my questions are:

1. Can variables of type "string" still use the expansion variables in
section 11.8?

2. Can I do a database lookup for the 'user' variable? The spec says "A
string that is to be expanded may contain explicit lookup requests", but
says nothing about lookups for regular (non-expanded) strings.

    Section 6.12 of the spec says that user and group names are
specified as "strings", with some special interpretation regarding numbers
and getpwnam() and getgrnam().  But it says nothing about expansion.

Thanks,
Derek Simkowiak